Saturday, June 19, 2010

Smith and Hsu

Site: http://www.smithandhsu.com/en/intro.php
Phone: 02-27474857
Address: 臺北市忠孝東路五段33號 (No.33, Section 5, Zhong Xiao East Road, Taipei)
Price: Depends what you get, $$-$$$
Time: 10AM to 10:30PM
MRT: Taipei City Hall Station, Exit 1 and turn around and walk the other way and Smith & Hsu will be across the street on the left

This was a pleasant surprise. A friend brought me here and I wasn't expecting English tea, but that's what it was. It has a modern look and the food was really good. You can also buy things from the store.
We got the English Garden Cream Tea, now called the English Afternoon Tea Set. Here's a pdf of the full menu!
First, we had to choose our teas. They brought out these little sample cups where you can smell and pick which one you wanted. I went with English tea because I really like English tea. Next time I think it would be fun to pick a fruit tea.
The afternoon tea set came with a ton of food and the three of us couldn't even finish it all and had to take it home. The jams and spreads that came with the scones were made incredibly well. I LOVED the spreads.

Overall, I really liked this place. Some sets are more reasonably priced. It's a nice place to come to. It was quiet and seems like a nice studying place, especially with a pot of tea and some scones!


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment