Saturday, June 19, 2010

La Douceur

Site: http://www.ladouceur.com.tw/
Phone: 02-33222833
Address:台北市大安區金華街223號1樓
Price: $$$
Time: M-Thurs: 1PM to 9PM
         Fri-Sun: 1PM to 10PM
MRT: 15-20 min. walk from GuTing Station

This little pastry cafe is small and sweet. There's limited room, but you can call ahead and have a spot saved for you. Luckily when I got there, someone was about to leave, so I got a seat.
In front of the store, there's a little girl statue sitting there. Isn't it the sweetest?

They have different kinds of pastries from cakes and macaroons to teas and coffees. The macaroons here are amazingly delicious. They're just the right amount of sweetness and chewiness.
I ended up getting a milk tea and this specially made pastry. I read about this place online and heard about their apple caramel pastry cake that I was interested in trying. The cake is not shown in the case because it is made to order. Special, no?
This cake was so good. The crust was flaky and light, the caramel was whipped and not overly sweet while the apples did not overpower the entire cake. I definitely recommend trying this. It was a bit pricey, but I think it was actually worth it because it was so good.

As I was searching for this pastry shop, I actually passed it because it wasn't very noticeable. Once you hit YongKang Street, you've passed it. It's a little before, so not too bad.

If you feel like splurging, I definitely recommend this place.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment