Wednesday, July 7, 2010

吉馬陳蚵仔麵線大王 (Ji Ma - King of Oyster Noodles)

This store has four chains, but I went to the one on Zhong Shan, right next to the MRT station. This isn't the front of the store, but it was a meal they offered.

Site: http://www.chain777.com.tw/in/index.phtml
Phone: 02-25561188
Address: 台北市大同區南京西路41號
Price: $
Time: Not sure, but I ate dinner here around 8PM
MRT: Zhong Shan Station, Exit 2 and turn right. It'll be on your right near a bakery

I'm not a big fan of oyster noodles. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat them, especially with the intestines. Definitely not fond of anything remotely close to internal organs. However, I will admit that this place was not bad. The sausage was pretty good, but the zhong zi was pretty disappointing. The meal also came with a small plum drink, which was delicious!
It looked good, it was small and compact, but upon eating this morsel of food, it was slightly disastrous. Not only was it dry, it was tasteless and just not very good.
This was much better. I didn't eat the internal organs, of course, but the oysters were plump and did not have that sea taste or as they say in Chinese, 腥. The flavor of the dish was not bad and the noodles were thin and had a good flavor to them.

However good this dish is supposed to be, I am personally not a fan of it, so I'm not too sure how I felt about this place. They have good sausages and the prices are reasonable, so if you're a fan of oyster noodles, I'm sure you'd enjoy this place.

It actually looks further than it is on this map, it's actually quite close to the exit 2, maybe a 2 minute walk and you're there.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment